Imagine a Body Butter and cream combined, imagine having one of the worlds best kept secrets in a jar? Imagine having one of the healthiest fats, something so Organic and good for you inside and out, something so decadent and healing that it's ALMOST to good to be true. That something is Raw Cacao! We are one of very few Organic Beauty brands that even makes a product with Raw Cacao.
You may not even know what "CACAO" is but if you've ever had chocolate than you have had a "taste"of Cacao. You see, Chocolate is made from the Cacao seed. Raw Cacao is the fat from the seed of the Cacao Tree and fruit.
What does CACAO smell like? Our Cacao Wow smells like the finest chocolate!
What does CACAO look like? Our Cacao Wow is a natural cream color. It's a solid but it's very creamy and like no other butter you have used before! It melts on contact and immediately coats the skin.
Why use our Raw Cacao Wow Butter? Do you want to change your skin? Do you want the best skin and complexion available in a jar? Do you suffer from skin discoloration? Wrinkles? Eczema? Blemishes? Dry skin? Would you like to be protected from some of the suns harmful UV rays? If that isn't enough check out the MANY benefits of our "Cacao Wow" and it's other active ingredients like Star Anise & Fenugreek! We really went all out to pack this jar with the superstars of organic skincare!
Why is cacao butter especially good for your skin?
Healthy, flawless looking skin can only be achieved by taking care of your body, both on the inside as well as the outside.
The vitamin C (which is also known as ascorbic acid) found in cacao butter plays a central role in the production of collagen – the structural protein found in the dermis layer that is responsible for your skin’s firmness and strength. It’s also a powerful antioxidant that helps to combat the damaging effects of free radicals, which can lead to dry skin, in addition to unwelcome fine lines and wrinkles, when left unchallenged. New research from the University of Leicester suggests that ascorbic acid 2-phosphate, a derivative of vitamin C, not only neutralises free radicals, but can also reverse the DNA damage they cause.
According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, vitamin C may also help to reduce sunburn caused by exposure to UV radiation and might therefore help to prevent the development of skin cancer.
Vitamin E is actually a collective term for a group of fat-soluble compounds that include tocopherols and tocotrienols. Vitamin E is present in cacao butter in the form of tocopherol – tocopherol boasts superior moisturising and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to prevent the signs of premature aging (inflammatory skin conditions are actually the leading cause of skin aging), possesses outstanding wound-healing capabilities and has been scientifically proven to help defend skin from environmental pollution and protect it from UV radiation.
Omega-6 fatty acids
Unsaturated fats form a protective layer on your skin, preventing moisture loss and resulting in soft, supple skin. At least 25% of your skin is comprised of these so-called ‘healthy’ fats. Cacao butter specifically contains omega-6 fatty acids, which have been linked to a reduction in the symptoms of the common skin condition known as eczema (De Spirt et al., 2009).
Iron, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc
As already mentioned, cacao butter contains the minerals iron, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc. Iron plays an integral role in the growth, maintenance and healthy appearance of your skin, magnesium and phosphorous both contribute to its antioxidant content, whilst zinc actively encourages the production of collagen.
Cocoa mass polyphenol
Lastly, cacao butter contains cocoa mass polyphenol (CMP), which can help to relieve dermatitis and troublesome skin rashes. CMP may also inhibit the growth of cancerous cells and tumours, although more research is required.
Cacao butter – taking care of your skin on the outside
Cacao butter is an occlusive emollient, which means that it acts as a barrier to help keep your skin soft and prevent moisture loss when applied directly to the skin. Its high fatty acid content also allows cacao butter to penetrate further than many other skin treatments (including even the most expensive of face creams!), deep down into the dermis, where it demonstrably improves elasticity and tone. And the vitamin E in cacao butter is readily absorbable by human skin, allowing its intensively moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties to get straight to work, helping to relieve dry or irritated skin at the source.
- Visibly reduce scars and pregnancy stretch marks.
- Prevent dehydration and the associated development of fine lines and wrinkles (especially under the eyes).
- Gently soothe sunburn and other skin irritations, such as eczema and allergic dermatitis.
- Provide welcome relief for chapped lips when applied.
Star anise contains anethole which is extremely effective in detoxifying the skin. It also contains tannins which help tone the skin by strengthening the muscles' firmness, preventing sagging.
One of the major actions by the active ingredients of Star Anise oil is the process of healing and repair. Our skin heals really fast but since it is the most exposed part of us, it is liable to get more damaged. Use of essential oils like this one aids in the protective layer formed over any sort of Injury, Burn, Wound, Acne scars etc. This speeds up and efficiently heals all the injurious effects produced.
Star Anise can also benefit your hair and one reason our Cacao Wow is for the skin AND hair! Whether the problem is damaged hair, poor hair growth or dry scalp and flakes, Star Anise has properties which tackle all these issues. Dry scalp can also be a cause of infections. The Star Anise in our Cacao Wow has soothing effects on the scalp which then leaves the hair to grow strong and smooth without any fear of infections.
Benefits of Star Anise just for wrinkles! :
- Anise for wrinkles tightens the skin, acting as a natural toner thanks to its anethole and tannins content
- Anise smooths the skin
- Anise softens wrinkles and fine lines
- Anise reduces dark spots on face
- Anise reduces free radicals
- Being a skin tightener, anise also benefits damaged skin as well as acne scars
- One of the benefits of anise for wrinkles is that anise toner protects the skin against the action of sun (you still need sunscreen for protection though)
- Anise for wrinkles is totally harmless and risk-free, unlike surgical procedures to reduce wrinkles and some chemical creams
Raw Organic Non-GMO Mango Butter
- Used topically, Mango Butter’s long-lasting emollient nourishes skin and boosts its elasticity as well as its suppleness, thereby making skin look smoother and firmer.
- Used in hair, Mango Butter seals in moisture and reduces breakage and hair loss by strengthening hair follicles, thereby encouraging the growth of stronger, healthier hair.
- Used medicinally, Mango Butter facilitates the process of eliminating toxins, dirt, pollution, and other impurities from the skin. Its soothing quality makes it ideal for use on skin afflicted by itching, stinging, burning, and stretch marks.
Organic Castor Oil
- Acne: The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil make it useful in reducing acne. Ricinoleic acid can inhibit growth in the bacteria that cause acne.
- Texture: Castor oil is also rich in other fatty acids. These can enhance smoothness and softness when applied to facial skin.
- Complexion: The fatty acids in castor oil can also promote the growth of healthy skin tissue, making it helpful in restoring uneven skin tones.
- Sensitive skin: Castor oil has a low comedogenic score. This means it is unlikely to clog pores in the skin and reduces the risk of developing blackheads, making it appropriate for use on sensitive skin.
The presence of vitamin C in fenugreek seeds lightens & evens out the skin complexion and gives it a beautiful glow.
Fenugreek seeds contain vitamin K and vitamin C that help in reducing blemishes and dark circles from the skin.
Our added Fenugreek seeds to our "Cacao Wow" also helps in firming, tightening, and rejuvenating your skin. The Organic Fenugreek seed in our Cacao Wow not only kill the bacteria and fungi present on the skin & scalp but strengthen the hair follicles and promote hair growth.
Raw Organic CACAO BUTTER (Non-GMO)
Raw Organic MANGO BUTTER (Non-GMO)
Organic CASTOR OIL
Organic STAR ANISE
Organic FENUGREEK SEED